So I haven’t been writing much recently. There have been a number of reasons for this. Some, but not all, of the following are true:
- Aliens descended, informed me that if I didn’t have anything better to write than I’d been writing recently, I should stop writing entirely.
- Same as #1, but substitute God for aliens.
- I’ve been knitting so much that my fingers are curled up in useless claws, and I can’t type; I’d use dictating software, but it keeps shutting down during the pauses in my sentences.
- I’d tell you why, but the Department of Homeland Security won’t let me.
- I’ve been off having an exciting adventure, and I’m afraid if I write about it, you all will be jealous.
- I’m suffering from either a cold, allergies, or both, and I haven’t written about it because I can’t tell which it is; if I’m going to complain to the blogosphere at large, I should know what I’m complaining about.
- I’ve given up the computer for Lent.
- As opposed to a vow of silence, I’ve taken a vow of non-writing.
- I’ve decided that I will only write on sheepskin with handmade ink and a turkey quill. I couldn’t figure out how to shove the finished blog post onto the internet, because my laptop doesn’t have a floppy drive.
- A cold or allergies ran over me like a Mac truck, and I haven’t been able to put together coherent thoughts for the last week, so it I was nice and decided not to subject you all to my incoherent thoughts.
Frankly, the real answer is among the least interesting (#10), but I’m hoping to be writing more regularly again.