As Thanksgiving comes around, I try to spend a little time actually thinking about what I am thankful for (radical as that idea may seem). So, here is the list I’m coming up with this year:
- A great life partner, Eva.
- Health Insurance (at least for now).
- Living in a great city (Portland, Oregon).
- Multiple sources of meaning in my life.
- The ability to discover, or rediscover, skills.
- The ability to hope for a better future.
- The ability to live satisfied in the moment.
- Great Portland food carts.
- A large and strong community.
- Being able to use my voice for good.
- Having reached another Thanksgiving.